Monday, August 31, 2009

The wait!




I sent the manuscript to the editor and it's going to take 3 to 4 weeks before I know need to be done.

I can't WAIT!!!!!! Wow I can't wait... This is agony, all I keep doing is second guessing myself and wanting to scrap the whole thing.

I don't know how people do this.

All I want to do is entertain people in my own way so way am I so invested like this?

---------------------------------------------

On the flip side.... I just gained a whole new respect for Hideo Kojima

Creator of Metal Gear Solid 1-4 and my personal favorite Zone of Enders 1 and 2

So as far as Video Games. I do play them occasionally but I usually have two motives and then I move on.

1. Some of them used to have good stories (and I love me a good story).
2. I like to discover the gameplay mechanics (dunno why I just like to learn how they design things).

Hideo does both very well, not to mention he is one of the most innovative story tellers of the century.

I didn't get the chance to play MGS4 but I watched the cut scenes... The story was kind of convoluted but it was good for Social Political majors, pretty accurate future with PMC (or private military corporations). Which is something like we have now with the not so known Blackwater company.

What I like about watching MGS4 is he really made me feel good for playing the other three games in the series, he brought back all the old locations, old characters and old situations. He literally showed footage of the first metal gear solid and the hero was dreaming about it. It was genius.

He even goes as far a so break the forth wall just like he did in the first MGS (which was spectacular) you actually had to switch your controller in order to beat a boss, because he could control you character. That boss could also control your TV and shut off your screen (no joke) Phycho Mantis.

I am just really impressed with him, he should be under wikipeida's definition for "thinking out side of the box."

Umm so yeah 4 more weeks of waiting and hopefully no cruel edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment